Thursday, November 26, 2020

Random Thanksgiving Music

We started off the day with a nice mix of classical music which included some interesting vocal groups, solo piano, string quartets and avantgarde cello music. Yesterday we had been listening to reggae compilations all day. So after the classical music I was trying to decide whether to play more reggae or put on some soul music. I compromised with an album of reggae artist coving classic soul music.

After that I put on a best of Nina Simone album. Then things got interesting. I was now playing off my iTunes collection on the hard drive and the albums were arranged alphabetical by album title which makes for an interesting randomness if you just let it play which I did.

Later in the evening we watched a movie keeping in the reggae theme of the afternoon. Babylon, a British film released in 1980. We had seen back in the early 80's and saw that it was available on our Criterion Channel. So we watched it before going to bed after a strange and different Thanksgiving.



So here are the albums I listened to throughout the evening before watching the movie... they were all best of albums by

  • Nina Simone
  • Old Crow Medicine Show
  • Ornette Coleman
  • Peter, Paul and Mary
  • Poi Dog Pondering

Made for some interesting listening into the night.





































No comments: