Monday, November 9, 2020

Eric Clapton - Vinyl Spins

This first Eric Clapton solo album from 1970 was one of the few albums I first purchased on commercial cassette. I was in the Navy at the time and no access to a turntable and was soon to be going to sea where any turntable didn't work too well.

I bought this vinyl album in 1974 a few months after I got home from the Navy. 

I have always enjoyed Eric Clapton's music in the many bands he's been associated with over the years. In 1974 and 1975 I bought a couple of Clapton compilation albums. 

I saw him perform a couple of times but never with Cream although I had the chance. I did see him in 1970 but I'm not sure if it was with Delaney and Bonnie or Derek and the Dominos. There were a lot of people on the stage. I saw him again in 1974 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia.

I have a lot of Clapton in my collection. I have a couple of his Yardbirds albums, all of his Cream albums, Blind Faith, Derek & The Dominos,  8 solo albums, 4 live albums that include a couple of box sets, three albums he collaborated with other people, and four compilation albums including the Crossroads Box Set.

No comments: