Monday, August 17, 2020

Van the Man

Morning kitchen listening... It feels like a brand new day as it stoned me to my soul so I turn it up a little bit higher and together we float into the mystic.

Van Morrison has always been one of my favorite rock artist and his album Moondance is an absolute classic from 1970. Every song is wonderful. I listened to it this morning,,, twice. That is something I very seldom do and usually it would only be for something completely new but today I played the CD then when it was over I played it again. I maybe even enjoyed it more the second time. Now I feel like going up on the third floor and giving my vinyl copy a spin.

I truly loved his blue eyed Celtic soul music right from his very start with Them. I still have a pile of Van Morrison vinyl albums upstairs that cover his work from the early 70's to the mid 80's including a couple of great live albums. Saw him a couple of times in the late 60's and early 70's. He's someone I would have liked to have seen perform more throughout his career. His album It's Too Late To Stop Now is one of the greatest live records of all time. I have a few other live albums of his and I particularly like Live At The Grand Opera House, 1984 and the Night In San Francisco, 1994 albums.

Some other of his albums that rise above the rest are Tupelo Honey, Wavelength and Saint Dominic's Preview... IMHO.


No comments: