Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Backyard vs Porch

I love sitting in the backyard but my social life definitely improves when I sit on the front porch. Pandemically speaking.

I’ve always enjoyed sitting in a chair under the trees reading. Lately I’ve also been doing more of my writing out there too. I also recently set up the cabana room for writing. I rearranged the table, got out a comfortable desk chair that we were ready to throw out and set up a fan to blow on me. I have music playing and I put on the party lights in the evening. Sometimes I stay out there working on something well after dark. I like watching the sunset while working on my laptop. I also sit out there with a can of sparkling water or a beer. I like watching the wildlife too and there are always plenty of rabbits and birds around. Hummingbirds too.

I’ve also always enjoyed sitting on the porch and look forward every Spring to the time when I take out the chairs and set them up. I often read with headphones on listening to music. There always seem to be breeze on the porch. People are constantly walking or jogging by the porch and there are many opportunities for a little conversation which happens quite often. There have been many more people walking by since the lockdown began in March and especially as the summer progressed. People also stop by and look at Becky's garden in front of the house which is particularly spectacular this year.

Between the front and the back I'm covered.

 


No comments: