The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood, 2000. While perusing the library at Canisius College recently I came across this Margaret Atwood novel from 2000.
This was a fascinating and rewarding book of historical fiction that focused on the lives and manners of people in the 1930s and 1940s with many layers of stories within stories.
It took me awhile to read this because I had the book checked out of the library for six months. I still have my staff borrowing privileges. So I was reading other books from the public library that I had for three weeks as opposed to the amount of time I had this and another book checked out from Canisius. So I actually took almost three months to read this book because I kept putting it down to finish up some other book. I loved reading this novel but I took my time. It wasn't something so compelling that I couldn't stop reading it.
Becky is reading it now.
This is the ninth Margaret Atwood book that I've read.

No comments:
Post a Comment