Saturday, February 3, 2018

Brian Wilson

 

I Am Brian Wilson: A Memoir by Brian Wilson and Ben Greenman, 2016

Finished reading in January 2018

This was an interesting but somewhat disappointing memoir. Wilson really comes across oddly problematic but of course we've all known that for decades. He does describe an interesting musical journey and he has made some of my favorite music of all time. Maybe it was just so sad to read of his mental illness and the thoughts of what he could have been were it not for people in his life taking advantage of his problems for their own gain. Some interesting antidotes and certainly a unique perspective. Lots of rambling and inner demons to explore too. I must say that I do love most of Brian Wilson's music.

I've been reading several books recently that have been memoirs and biographies and especially some of the people in the music area of popular culture.



No comments: