Monday, July 18, 2016

The Man Who Fell To Earth

I immediately went out saw the film The Man Who Fell To Earth star starring David Bowie in 1976. I saw it a couple of times in the 70's and then again much later.  So the first time I saw this was 40 years ago. I'm due to see it again.

It was a very strangely weird film and David Bowie was wonderful as the alien. Buck Henry was good in it to as was Candy Clark. I had always hoped Bowie would do more films than he had done in his life.

It's a long movie and there are long surreal stretches without dialog. Like other films that Nicolas Roeg has directed... it's not for everybody. 

Over the years the film developed a cult following. I was already familiar with some of the work of the director such as Walkabout from 1971 which I really liked and Don't Look Now from 1973. 


No comments: