Friday, December 3, 2021

Maniac Memories

Recently the band 10,000 Maniacs was asking their fans for memories. They have been celebrating 40 years together as a band. My experience with the band goes back 39 years. I submitted a memory to their website database and a couple of weeks later they published on their FB feed.

My submitted memory was...

“The first time I saw the band was in the upstairs room of Mr. Goodbar on Elmwood Ave in 1982. Mary from Play It Again Sam’s was spinning records there and recommended to me to see this band. First impressions were Joy Division covers and a spinning teenage Natalie. I would see this band many times over the years all over town including in 1983 at the Pastime Lounge. I worked there as a DJ and booking bands, and the band played there several more times over the next few years. I made a few posters for the band playing the Pastime Lounge.”

No comments: