Saturday, July 3, 2021

Bluetooth Speaker

I bought a new Bluetooth speaker this week. I spent some time on the internet looking up these speakers because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one at this time.  I've seen the ones the kids have and I wanted a little more function. Most of the young people use them with their phones to play music or podcasts from online services like Spotify. Of course I wanted that function too but I also had other things in mind like playing music from an iPod or a flash drive. Not many of these speakers had a USB port and none that I could find had any kind of music player built in that would allow substantial control of a flash drive or anything else for that matter.

I eventually found a Pyle speaker that had an aux port for an iPod, a USB port for a flash drive, a radio, bluetooth capability for Spotify. It would also work with my tablet and laptop so I could play something from whatever source. The sound is not great but it will do for around the backyard and porch. 

At some point I am planning to replace speakers around the house will some high quality small Bluetooth speakers. No wires.

I also plan to take this speaker up to the Adirondacks for our vacation next week.

No comments: