Friday, May 20, 2022

Devo Satisfaction

One of my favorite cover songs... Devo doing the Rolling Stones' I Can't Get No Satisfaction in 1978. Becky and I were listening to one of my extensive cover version mixes the past couple of days and we had a discussion on the pros and cons of cover songs. My covers mix collection has nearly 1,200 songs and I could probably add quite a few more. They are all from my iTunes collection on my hard drive. 

Today I saw this New Yorker article from 2017 in my FB feed. They must have heard me and Becky talking about cover songs. I especially liked the description of Mick Jagger when he first heard Devo's version.

The Story Behind Devo's Iconic Cover of the Rolling Stones' Satisfaction.

Here is Devo performing Satisfaction on Saturday Night Live in 1978.


No comments: