Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Picard

We recently started a subscription to the Paramount Plus online streaming service. I wrote about our early experience with them here... Paramount Plus Negative. Yes, lots of negatives with this service and we are seriously thinking about dropping them.

However, the thing that has kept me going with the service has been their Star Trek shows which I've been watching. I'm currently in the middle of the second season of Star Trek Discovery and just finished season one of Picard.

I really enjoyed watching Picard and have always like Patrick Stewart. In this Star Trek series Picard is 94 years old and long retired but goes on another dangerous adventure. He played Jean Luc Picard for seven seasons on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I especially liked that other members of his former crew showed up throughout the show to give him help including Data, Will Riker, Deanna Troi, and especially Seven of Nine. Let's also not forget the Borg. Overall a very enjoyable show. 

Picard dies in the end but of course since the series had a synthetic life theme he is given a new body. The new second season will premier in February and looking forward to that. In the meantime I will continue watching Star Trek Discovery at leas for the next month or so.

No comments: