Monday, November 29, 2021

Hanna - TV Series

I first saw the original film of Hanna a number of years ago on Amazon Prime. It was an entertaining action thriller movie about a CIA agent who trains his daughter to be an assassin. Later in 2019 a new TV series was made that expanded the movie and was streaming on Amazon Prime. I was familiar with the story from the movie but what made me want to watch the series was the CIA father was being played by Joel Kinnamen who is an actor I really liked and had seen recently as a detective in The Killing and he also starred in Altered Carbon. Both shows I really enjoyed.

So I watched the first season of Hanna in 2019 and enjoyed it. Then the second season came out in 2020 and I watched it. I can't say I binged this series but I did watch it consistently until I'd seen all the available episodes. One of the things I liked about a series like this one was that it was limited in episodes. These first two seasons each had eight episodes. It just didn't keep going on and on. The first season ended much different than the film and the story went way beyond anything in the movie and went very deep into conspiracy theories regarding the training of children to become assassins. The cast and locations were very international. The second series ended with a cliff hanger and I knew there would be a upcoming third season.

The third season streamed in November of 2021 and was a very concise six episodes that wrapped up the story very nicely and ended the series. I watched the six shows in a little over a week. 

In the end Hanna exposes the corrupt rogue CIA unit using kids as assassins with the help of a couple internal whistle blowers and she is able to start a new life under a new name. I have a feeling that there could be another season somewhere down the road although the series did have a very satisfying ending.

No comments: