Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Heady Topper and Fish & Chips

The other day while visiting Sean, Ashley and Andrew we ordered some take out food from the Mohawk Taproom down the road a few miles in Scotia NY.  We picked up a couple of cans of Heady Topper and a couple of Focal Banger IPAs both beers from The Alchemist Brewery in Vermont.

The food was very good. I got some fish and chips which went very well with my Heady Topper an imperial double IPA going at 8%.

Heady Topper is considered a rare hard to get beer as it does not have a wide distribution. I have had it a few times in 2019 thanks to my niece's significant other Lewie who seems to have a good source for it.

This beer is always ranked very high in beer publications and although I like this beer very much and have rated it with 5 stars in Untapped I wonder if a lot of it's popularity is due to being so hard to get.

The first time I had it was down at a Brew Bash VIP session with Sean in 2013. They made a very big deal of having it for us at that time.

No comments: