Thursday, April 29, 2021

Backyard Boombox

 

I bought this backyard boombox several years ago. I think it was the summer of 2018. This device works for me in many ways and in different places. It has been especially good for me during this pandemic because of it's flexibility and potential for even more uses.

It has an aux jack to plug in my iPod which has probably been the biggest use for me this past year. It is a decent CD player and a radio. It has a USB port and includes a media player. I can play my flash drive based mega mixes on this device too. It also has bluetooth capability which allows me to pair it with my phone or tablet to access Spotify and play music or podcasts through it. I mostly use this device plugged into a power outlet but it has battery power options too.

This Sony player also only cost about $40.

I've mostly using this player in my backyard cabana sunroom for personal use but I have also used it for playing mixes when people have been over before the pandemic and the few times since then too. I've had it plugged into an outlet on our front porch and look forward to doing that again when we have some folks sitting there enjoying an evening together.

Another place I've used it during the pandemic is upstairs in the sitting room next to our bedroom. I placed a nice chair by the windows so that I could sit there during the past winter overlooking the street. It was a very nice view and a comfortable place to read a book and listen to music.

Overall I've gotten a lot of use from this little Sony boombox and look forward to using it for a long time.


No comments: