Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Tour de France

 

Over the past week or so I've been watching the Tour de France every morning on TV. During the three weeks of the race I get up each morning and the first thing I do is turn on the TV to NBCSN and begin watching the stage of that particular day. 

This year the race was rescheduled from the usual late June and early July to the currently running tour now in September. 

I find the race to be very relaxing. I have it on but do not sit and watch the entire thing but usually go about my morning routines with the race on in the background. I sit down and watch for a few minutes at a time. We've been watching the Tour de France now for about five years.

I also enjoy the scenery which is a very important part of the tour and a big draw for fans in itself. France is beautiful and the tour goes through some very spectacular terrain and also many very picturesque towns and villages. I like that so much of the race route is covered by helicopters focusing on the countryside.

There is drama every day as the teams and individuals compete.

No comments: