Wednesday, September 16, 2020

1,600 Unique Beers

I had my 1,600th unique beer checkin on my Untappd app today while having a meal on the patio at The Libery Hound, one of our favorite restaurants. The beer was a pint draft of Minkey Boodle, a raspberry sour from Thin Man Brewery in Buffalo.

I started using Untappd to track my beer tastings in 2013. I usually check in when I have a beer for the first time or it is something unusual. My first check in was Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, a double imperial stout by Dog Fish Head Brewery on June 14, 2013. 

I always check a new beer into Untappd. It is like a beer ritual for me now and has been for over seven years.


My first ten check ins on Untappd.

  • Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, a double imperial stout from Dogfish Head Brewery
  • Torpedo Extra IPA from Sierra Nevada Brewing
  • Flower Power IPA from Ithaca Beer Company
  • Dirty Bastard, a scotch ale from Founders Brewing
  • Summerfest, a pilsner from Sierra Nevada Brewing
  • Anchor Steam Beer from Anchor Brewing
  • West Coast IPA from Green Flash Brewing
  • 60 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Brewery
  • Honkers Ale, an English bitter from Goose Island Beer Co.
  • A Little Sumpin' Ale, an American pale wheat beer from Lagunitas Brewing
and the list goes on and on...

No comments: