Thursday, April 23, 2020

Facebook Album Game - Summer Sun


I got nominated today by my cousin Terri to play an album game. I’ve been tagged several times over the past few months for similar games and have been posting a lot of my favorite albums in different settings. As Terri says I “do this every day anyway” and since I’ve already posted many albums from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s that have influenced my taste in music that for this game I will limit my selections to more recent albums released in ahh… this century. Yep, 10 days, 10 albums, random order, released in the past 20 years that continue to influence my taste in music. No comments, just the album cover.

But of course here I will comment as these will be some of my favorite albums released in the last twenty years. These will be random picks and they are not what I would consider the top ten albums of the last twenty years. They are just what I will happen to pick over the next ten days or so to share on my FB feed and here on this blog. 

The first one is Summer Sun by Yo La Tengo released in 2003. I started listening to Yo La Tengo albums in the mid 90's. I then went back and got their earlier albums from the late 80's. Summer Sun is one of my favorite albums from this band. This album contained some moody atmospheric music, more quiet and contemplative than their usual collections. I found myself listening to this a lot and have used several songs off this album on my mixes.

No comments: