Sunday, April 12, 2020

Adult Fun Mix

In the early 1980's I was making mixes for some weddings and it was always important at that time to make sure there was some music for the older folks. The expressin "adult fun mix" came about from those wedding mixes.

One of the highlights of succeeding it making the older folks happy was at Dave and Donna's wedding. They asked me to do the wedding music and I made some cassette mixes. Donna was Buffalo East Side Polish on both sides of her family and asked to include some polkas for her relatives to dance at the wedding reception.  I didn't have any polka music in my collection so I had to go to the library and borrow some music to record for the tape.  I did a little creative sequencing. The polka music came on and there was about three songs in a row. The dance floor filled with Donna's relatives and especially her mother and several aunts were getting down. The next song after the polkas was an Elvis Presley rocker and the aunts kept dancing. That was followed by Brand New Cadillac by The Clash.  We then actually had a room full of people including a bunch of Polish ladies dancing to The Clash in 1981. Dave and Donna were very happy with the music.

Later I did other wedding mixes for people but not with polkas but I did include music for all the various groups of people. I always had some 50's and early 60's standards thrown in and artists like Tom Jones, 

No comments: