Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Blue Bell Inn with Friends

Tonight we had a wonderful dinner with some old friends. 

A few weeks ago I contacted several friends from my old neighborhood using our chat message discussion group thread and told them Becky and I would be in Philly soon and that we should get together again for dinner somewhere. I gave them the dates we would be in town and the response was immediate. Within a day we had agreed on a time and place which was the Blue Bell Inn on Wednesday April 26th at 5:30 pm with a table for 13. They gave us our own dinning room. 

Last year in October we had a nice group dinner at the Chestnut Hill Grill on their patio. This time we were looking for something place different and Blue Bell Inn in nearby Blue Bell, PA fit the bill. It was a great place and they also had a very nice newly renovated outside patio area but the group opted to be inside and we had a room to ourselves. That was good because when Becky and I got there we could see that even on a Wednesday evening at happy hour the place was hopping in the main bar and dining area and was very loud.

We had a couple of people not able to make the dinner because of illness which was too bad. I was looking forward to seeing Margie and Madeline. And Joe too. So we had ten people at our table. There was me and Becky, Tom and Joanne, Tom's sister Patsy and her son, Jerry and Chris, George and Dona. 

The food was wonderful. I was sorry that we didn't take pictures of our group. Last year it was Madeline who initiated taking pictures and this year she wasn't there. I should have taken some photos and had the waiter take our group picture but it didn't happen. Next time we will make sure it happens.

No comments: