Thursday, April 27, 2023

Chestnut Hill Grill

Betsy and Joe came down to Katie's house to see us and the kids too. We talked over the phone about which day they could see us while we were down in Philly staying with Katie and Todd and we decided on Thursday. We had arrived in town on the previous Saturday but our schedule had been filling up. We wanted to go out for dinner that evening and decided on the Chestnut Hill Hotel Grill. 

We had also been talking with Dan about getting together and he wanted to go out to dinner with us too so he came by and joined us. We drove over there but the parking lot was full and we had to park on the street about a block and a half away after dropping off Betsy and Joe at the restaurant. I went with Dan in his car and Becky and him parked next to each other on the street. 

I had called about an hour earlier and made reservations so we had a table waiting for us in the lower dining room. The five of us had a very nice dinner. I had catfish tacos and I ate them all.

After dinner Betsy, Dan, Becky and me walked down the street to the cars. Joe waited on a bench in the parking lot. Dan had something in his car to give us from the house and I walked over with him to his car. In the meantime Betsy and Becky got in our car and drove back to the restaurant. Dan was going home from there which was just a couple of blocks away and I had to hoof it very quickly back to the restaurant to get my ride back to Katie's house with Becky. They thought I was riding back with Dan. Fortunately Joe was slow getting into the car and that gave me enough time to wave down Becky and get into the car. We all had a great laugh about me getting left behind and probably needing an Uber/Lyft to get back to the house. Well, we got back to Katie's and Betsy and Joe got in their car for their drive home. Back in the house we laughed again about me almost getting left at the restaurant. We did have a very good time and it was great spending some time with Betsy, Joe and Dan.

No comments: