Sunday, June 26, 2022

And Then Sick Again...

So I got sick again over Father's Day weekend. It's been a few days now and I feel like I'm going through the cycle of another bad cold which doesn't seem to want to go away. I'm really feeling nervous that spending time with my grandchildren is getting me sick. I think that probably Andrew's exposure to germs at his daycare center is causing me problems but I certainly can't stop hugging that little boy and holding him close. 

It seems that my immune system has been weakened over time. First we both retired and we have no longer been exposed to the two semesters of students exposing us to all kinds of germs. We would get colds back during our working years but they were usually short in duration. Then Covid came along and we've been wearing masks and not going out to crowded bars and restaurants nor concerts, etc. I have also hardly been to any stores over the past couple of years now. 

Now when I do get exposed to a cold I get it really bad and for a long time. So here it is heading into late June and I've been sick for another week again. Maybe I just need to get out more and get my immune system exposed more. LOL.

No comments: