Sunday, June 26, 2022

Peaking Bunnies

I've been spending a lot of time in the backyard either sitting on an Adirondack chair on the grass or in the sunroom at the table with my laptop. The backyard bunnies have been very active this year and they seem very comfortable with us in the yard and also our neighbors. They will often come within a couple of feet of me while I'm sitting there reading. 

Yesterday evening they were particularly active and there were five of them running around the yard playing and then stopping to munch on the grass. It was all very entertaining.

There was one small bunny that kept coming near me but then would sort of hide in the flowerbed and look at me. Then he would go running around chasing after the other bunnies. A little while later he would be back there at that same spot peaking at me from behind some leaves. I got my phone out and snapped a photo of him. Very cute.

Our granddaughter Clara has been really fascinated with the bunnies in our yard. She would love this little one. On the morning Katie and Todd went back home they brought Henry and Clara out to the backyard to say goodbye to the bunnies. They couldn't see them but knew they were around hiding in the bushes and flowers and would hear their goodbyes. 

When Andrew was here last week we were able to bring him out into the yard just before they left for home to see one of the bunnies. He loved it and walked over to it but of course the bunny quickly took off across the yard flashing her white tail. He got very excited over that little display.

No comments: