Sunday, July 24, 2022

And Then Sick Again... My Voice

And I keep getting sick. This my fifth time this spring and summer. It has all been very similar except this time I lost my voice too. I've gotten very hoarse. It has been many years since something like this has happened to me due to a cold. 

I started feeling this cold a couple of days after we got back from our vacation in Long Lake with the family. I didn't feel anything wrong while we were up there. I can only imagine that I got it from being around the grandchildren for a week. This seems to be a pattern and all five times I've been sick has been after being with the kids. It was a very gradual cold that developed when we got back and got worse as the week wore on. 

We hosted a Parkside WOW on Wednesday in our backyard. I took a Covid home test that morning which was negative. We were ready to cancel the WOW. It was a hot day and there was a threat of rain. And I was sick. I was coughing a lot and my voice was noticeably very rough. Lots of people commented on it. 

I've been taking a lot of over the counter cold medicines again and I've been very gradually getting better. It just seems to be a long process. I want to get completely better by next week when Katie, Todd, Henry, Clara and Violet will be coming to town and staying with us for a couple of weeks. 

My voice is gradually getting better.

No comments: