Tuesday, July 5, 2022

An NA IPA

I've been cutting back on my alcohol intake recently especially since I was sick and not feeling well throughout a lot of the spring this year. Becky had already stopped drinking alcohol most of the time and would only have a single glass of wine or a beer on occasion. I didn't have anything to drink at all for a couple of weeks and especially during the time before that when I was getting bad colds regularly over the course of a few months. 

So I started drinking some non-alcoholic beers along with my regular craft beers. Mixing it up. There have been a lot of actually really good NA beers available in our local grocery stores. There have been some wonderful hoppy NA beers and now there are even good NA IPAs like this one from Zero Gravity Brewing that I have been enjoying. 

Both Katie and Sean have also been drinking NA beers over the past year and when we have been together it has been nice to share that option. We have been getting ready for our week up in Long Lake with Kate and Sean with their families and we have been packing plenty of NA beers and sodas. I'll have a nice assortment of regular craft beers too but I will be mixing them up with NA beers and soda water drinks. 

The other day we were over Dave and Donna's for their holiday cookout and I brought an assortment of NA beers and some regular craft beers. Most of the beers there were not very good although Dave did start me out with a very nice Carlsberg Danish Pilsner. We were at Dave's for about five and a half hours during which I had that pilsner, then a NA IPA, a Founders Solid Gold Lager and then at the end of the night another NA IPA. I felt really good the next day.

Lately, like this evening, I've been having one regular beer followed by an NA or sometimes just sipping on a can of fruit flavored soda water.

No comments: