It was time to do a little basement clean-up. We had recently had some water in the basement due to the rainwater backup from the sewer in the street. Apparently a lot of houses on our block had water in the basements because of the clogged sewer. The city came out and cleared the blockage after receiving numerous complaints. I heard this from the workers when I went out to talk with them when they were working on the lines.
We had some water in the basement but not a lot. It was enough to cause some problems with a few of the boxes we store down there for Becky's e-Bay shipping containers. The ones on the floor had some water damage so I went down there to clean it all up. I ended up throwing away about six boxes that had been wet and some had some mildew on them. I cut them up and put them in the recycling container. Then I rearranged the remaining boxes and cleared some space. The first pic here are the boxes I threw out. I did a lot of sweeping too while wearing a mask. The next couple of pics are the sorting process and the clearing of space.
I later went out to the backyard and grabbed a couple of old little plastic tables that we weren't using anymore along with a couple of crates and used them in the basement to hold some pieces of wood that made a shelf for some of the boxes. The idea was to get everything off of the floor in case water got into the basement again. The second pic is the new configuration. Then a couple of pics of the process. The next thing to be done is for Becky to go through the remaining boxes and get rid of any she may not need.
The last pic is the final configuration.The next step in the basement clean-up is to get the old refrigerator, electric stove, old air conditioner and microwave oven out of there.




No comments:
Post a Comment