Friday, December 23, 2022

Sick Day Again

Yesterday was a sick day. Again. There seems to be a pattern in these sudden short illnesses that come and go quickly. I was sick all day yesterday and Katie, Todd and the kids arrived around 10:30 in the morning after spending the night at a motel in Syracuse to beat the upcoming storm.

I was perfectly fine on Wednesday right up to bedtime. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night not feeling well. In the morning I knew everything was off and I was feeling bad. I went back to bed after doing a few chores to get ready for the kid's arrival. I thought they would be here around noon but they got on the road quickly and make very good time.

I took several long naps throughout the day and had one bout of vomiting. It felt like I was struggling with a stomach virus of some sort. I had been taking care of myself the past week or so and didn't go to a couple of social outings with friends in bars because I didn't want to take any chances getting sick with the upcoming holidays. A couple of weeks ago we cancelled our dinner reservations for my birthday when I got a slight cold with some coughing. On Wednesday Becky and I went to Wegman's and I wore a mask but something got me. That's the only place I have been and Becky wasn't sick. I guess I need to wash my hands more often.

It was hard to keep my distance from the kids yesterday especially Violet who so wanted me to pick her up. She seemed to sense that something was wrong. Henry and Clara had just recently had a stomach virus so they knew what I was going through and were concerned. 

Today I'm feeling better but still not 100%. I'm eating more but not back to normal. I took a couple of short naps today and of course there is the anxiety of the blizzard which started today but that is another story.

No comments: