Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Home Run Derby

Last night the Phillies tied the record for the most home runs in a World Series game at 5. They had five home runs in the first five innings of this game three of the series which made it a very exciting game and a lot of fun. It was also a game worth watching to the end.

The Astros starter Lance McCullers became the first pitcher in MLB history to give up five home runs in a single playoff game. The Phillies cruised to a 7-0 win in their home field. That must have been so exciting for the fans. My niece Lizzie and her husband Lewie were there. I'm sure they had some fun. 

Lizzie also brought my brother Tom to the game. She wasn't sure if Tom had ever made it to any of the Phillies World Series games in his lifetime. I'm not sure if he ever did either but I assume he did since he was such a great fan of the team and baseball in general.

No comments: