Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm

Matinees & Drive-ins

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm, 1962

Another one of those movies we saw at our neighborhood theater on a Saturday afternoon matinee. I saw this when I was probably 10 or 11 years old. We were going to the movies all the time when I was that age.

I really loved this movie at the time. A few years later I would be paying attention to any movie with the name George Pal on the poster because I learned that he was the guy that made movies with special effects that I liked. This one had a lot of effects.
I saw it in Cinerama a year or two in a large downtown theater.

Other George Pal movies that I liked... War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, Tom Thumb and Atlantis the Lost Continent.


No comments: