Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Do It Clean - On Stage

Kitchen listening at dinner... Just had some fun in the kitchen listening to this old CD mix originally posted to AotM in 2004. Part of a series of mixes using live album cuts that were edited together into one MP3 file that blended the crowd sounds to create the illusion of one long concert.

This was the first of the series of live cut mixes I called the On Stage series. It started out with a set of live New Wave hits before segueing into some classic rock including some solo live songs from John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison. The title of the mix comes from an Echo & The Bunnymen song.

I'm thinking of combining the On Stage series into one large mega mix for a long night (or afternoon) of live music.

I have a single MP3 file of this mix which I used the file editing program Audacity to create a mix where all the songs blend together with the crowd sounds. It really does sound like one continuous concert of different bands. I have it on my iPod. I also had it uploaded to MixCloud for a few years but took it down over copyright issues.

No comments: