Wednesday, April 17, 2024

101 Magazines

Over the course of my adult life and delivered to the various addresses I've lived at over the last 50 some years Becky and I have had subscriptions to 101 magazines. Some of the were very brief and some we had for many years. Some were gifts that we didn't renew and others were for our children. We had subscriptions to magazines about music, art, politics, librarianship, computers, sports, films, cooking, home and gardens, economics, entertainment, etc, and etc.

So I'm going to break them down into manageable groups, make some lists and write about those magazines. I came up with the initial list by going to Wikipedia. First I did a search on the List of United States magazines which they broke down by categories such as entertainment and art, finance, children, lifestyle, music, sports, politics, computing, etc. Then I looked at the list of defunct American magazines. From these lists I came up with my personal list of magazines we had subscriptions to over the years and decades. I wrote them down in my notebook and added them up... 101 magazines.

No comments: