Sunday, May 12, 2019

Gerber Life

I was a Gerber baby. I ate a lot of Gerber baby cereal growing up and long after I got my baby teeth. With so many younger brothers and sisters I also loved to eat that Gerber baby cereal for breakfast throughout my early childhood. I vividly remember those different color boxes of that cereal and the taste. We all sat there eating Gerber cereal.

The image of that baby has also been indelibly embedded into my brain. Not just from the cereal box but all those little jars of baby food too.

So it is not surprising that Gerber would branch off into life insurance for this generation and use that baby logo. Yes, I have Gerber Life Insurance. Every month I see that baby in my mail box. 

Apparently the Gerber Life Insurance is a part of a large financial conglomerate that has licensed the baby logo from Nestle Corp which owns the baby food company. This has been going on since 1967.

No comments: