Friday, May 24, 2019

16 Big Hits

I loved to listen to Motown music when I was a teenager... still do. I started buying their singles very early in high school around 1965. I had a large stack of singles in a very short time. The music of that time was focused on the 45 rpm single although I was buying some albums by 1966. I probably stopped buying singles in 1967 and was completely converted to regular albums.

There was an interim period when I was getting Motown albums that were collections of singles. They released a 16 Big Hits album each year and I would go out and get it.

Vol. 4 came out in 1965, Vol. 5 in 1966, and Vol. 7 in 1967. That was it for me and I was just getting mostly albums in 1968 although I did get a few singles that were on obscure labels but no more Motown singles or collection of singles.













No comments: