Monday, December 12, 2016

Snowy Monday Morning

The first snowy Monday morning of our retirement... a comfy sweater, a pot of tea, a good book and some of Becky's freshly baked banana walnut muffins.

It certainly feels good to not need to think about going out in the snow in the morning to go to work. Over the years I was always the closest person living near the campus and would always be expected to open the library despite the weather conditions. Even when the campus was closed and classes were cancelled we needed to get the library open because there were so many students living on campus. Since I could walk to work I was the one. It was also because I was responsible for the building and in charge of the staff that needed to open the building. Well, it was usually me. I was close by. Not any more.

I don't even have to think about opening the library on a snowy Monday morning. Nice. I'm liking this retirement.

No comments: