Saturday, August 15, 2015

Rain Falls Like Mercy

Rain Falls Like Mercy by Jake Todd, 2011

I read this book in a week in August 2015.

This book was an interesting crime mystery novel that takes place during World War II that focuses on the emotional lives of the characters while they experience the historical events that shape their destinies. It's about the violence of crime and the violence of war and the investigation of a young girl's murder that is overwhelmed by the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The book had a very gripping narrative style and sometimes got into some grisly detail.

At the time I read this book I didn't realize that it was the third book of a trilogy about a particular family. It didn't really make a difference to me to enjoy this book as a standalone novel but perhaps there was some background information that may have been helpful but I would not have known as I was reading the book. Perhaps I will look up the earlier novels.


No comments: